Sunday 15 May 2011

So my camera...

I've shown you what camera's the best and the camera I was looking to get etc. However the reason I started this blog was to focus on photography and help stranger and amateurs get ready and get good photos. So I decided to show my photos as an example what to do

ACTION PHOTOS


As you can see in this photo it looks like I am close to the rider and right up in the action. However this is all in the focus. The background has been blurred automatically by my camera to focus on the main image. Therefore the first step to get a good photo has automatically been done by the camera with out any need for anything to be done by you (if the focus does not automatically work please read manual). Second step has to be done by you and this is about the timing in this photo i have got the timing correct that the back dirt is up in the right time. this is important in any shot whether its the waves in a surfing picture, or a kick-flip in a skateboarding picture.


STILL FLOWER SHOTS


The flower shot is an easy shot, presuming you have the right lens and the right technique. It you have a big lens, around 40-220 I would recommend, it will make the job a lot easier. The lens gets the right texture and as you can see you can really see and almost feel what this daffodil is. My next tip will be don't stand above the flower. I can not stress enough how poor the image will look if you just stand above the flower and shoot. If you want to get the good shot it will have to involve you getting down and dirty on your knee's. I'm sure you wouldn't mind getting a pair of jeans dirty for £40 no?.

BLACK AND WHITE 

Black and white photography has become big in the last four years after colour photography came in! Anyway black and white really brings out the different textures and can really make a photo a lot more scary or sometimes even beautiful! So black and white is very simple there is a setting on your camera that should say black and white. So simple yet so effective

No comments:

Post a Comment